Saturday 25 September 2010

Duvet days or how to look ten years younger

Dear Small love Smug guess what, downstairs have started hoovering the garden. Actually, it’s a static hoover. Its on but its not moving. Is that dangerous? It sounds frantic. I am now fixated on this hoover and cannot have a duvet day because I am AWAKE.

Dear Small love Smug I do not feel guilty. I scheduled this duvet day and I’m going to take it.

Dear Small love Smug I did fall back to sleep ‘cos I had a dream that I set up a shower in the bedroom and water was going in all the sockets. There was about to be a fire and then I woke up.

Dear Small love Smug that hoover thing,  that was just me being crazy. I know someone was mowing the lawn, okay? Duvet days make for good accounting. I’m banking these hours for when I have kids and theres no slumber to be had. But will that make it HARDER to adapt? Am I embracing it TOO much? Let me know.

Dear Smug love Small you are wasting the day.

But Small, it is raining.

Never mind that Smug, you won’t sleep tonight ‘cos you got up late. And there where will we be?

Dear Small love Smug sod you.
….
Dear Small love Smug I am up now and straight to the mirror. I look ten years younger. Have that. I may pull today.

No comments:

Post a Comment